Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Trap

At 2pm today, I entered the Student Health Center to figure out why I've had a noticeable loss of appetite. At 3pm, I exited with the knowledge that I am, in fact, depressed. At some point, the doctor even said, "Yeah you should be seeing a counselor, these [results to the depression test] are pretty severe." This isn't a long post. It's just a documentation of this day for me. I've been feeling rather depressed but blamed it on myself. Saying, "If I could just get up and go do something, or write something or just look on the brightside, I'd feel better. It's my fault for feeling this. I have no reason to feel this way."
This is the real trap of depression. There is no reason for it. It's a chemical imbalance. It isn't the person's fault but most people blame themselves anyway.
Moving forward, I'm going to need counseling and possibly medication but honestly just knowing that it may not be entirely my fault and that I have a strong support system around me, makes it easier already.

Thanks for listening. Come back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment