Sunday, January 25, 2015

Dear Creativity


Dear Creativity,
         Hello dear old friend. I hope you’re doing well wherever you are; on the sandy beaches of Costa Rica, under the stars in Italy or at a noisy pub in Ireland. I really hope you’re gaining experiences and stories there to bring back to me. Also, when are you coming back? I have a couple of projects I’d like to work on but I really need you by my side. I know things got complicated when we went back to Ohio, but I think a month and a half is enough time to get back to normal. I know you aren’t the same since then but that doesn’t mean you can’t still be here with me.
         You’ve done some really great stuff. You’ve created at least 15 minutes of successful stand up, including the crowd favorite “Cougar trapped in a little girl’s body”. That was all you! I can only take credit because I’m the human you used to bring it to life. Creativity, listen, I don’t know why you left but please come back. One death of a former friend is no reason to go running away to distant lands without me. If you come back, I promise I’ll work with you. I’ll transcribe your ideas for the world and all will be well. I have so many dick jokes that won’t be funny without you. Just please come back. There is a spot for you at my desk, in my brain and in my heart. I don’t want to get sappy but I’m nothing without you. I chose a life with you rather than practicality. Because of this, practicality still isn’t speaking to me. I would be upset by that but I don’t really care. I want you in my life until the day that I die. So please please please, come back to me.
         Now I’m begging. I’ll stop constantly checking Facebook if you come back. You wanna know why? Because I won’t need to because I’ll be too busy spending time writing with you. SO PLEASE COME BACK!
                                                                                           Sincerely,
                                                                               Weird Ally Yank-A-Dick

No comments:

Post a Comment