Friday, January 30, 2015

No Way

How many tears can one girl make?
This winter I lost a dear young friend,
Without a wake.
He was a friend,
Who liked to pretend,
We would love each other until the end.
On Valentine’s Day, my trust was thrown away,
Because earlier that day, he asked me to stay.
I said no way.

When I had gotten the call,
That he had taken his potential all,
From a spot where he was bald,
I had to crawl, up in a fetal ball,
And scream, no way.

As I put on a black shirt,
On a Tuesday so cold, it hurt,
My brain was not alert,
To the images that would cross my eyes,
And the sounds that would incarnate my cries,
And make me say,
No way.

On my wall hangs a picture of you,
A picture of just a girl and a jew,
Sharing a party like real friends do,
I look up to remember you,
And all the things I never knew,
About you.
And hoping today,
I’ll no longer say,
To any friends I wish to stay,
I’ll no longer say,
No way.

Thanks for listening. Come back for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment