Sunday, March 8, 2015

3 Months

Dear Dave,
Hey there! It's been a bit since I've written you a letter. You used to tell me you wouldn't read them unless you could proof read them, but you did it anyway. That was kind of your style.
Welp, it's been 3 months and I can honestly say I've been okay. After about two months of tears and pain, I finally realized how to deal with this; Do good work.
I'm happy to say I'm getting much better at improv. I can't believe how much I've grown over the last couple of months! It reminds me of how much I loved to improvise with you. I try to remember you when I'm on stage. Remember how honest and quick witted you were. I try to have no inhibitions like you. It's actually working. I'm proud of me and I know you would be too. 
Remember how you were always all over me for being lazy and unreliable? You were right. I was awful back then but thanks to your kindness and guidance, I'm better now. I don't skip rehearsal or shows anymore. I don't cancel on friends unless I really have to. Thanks to you, I value my time with people more. Missing you reminds me that there are people in this world it would hurt to lose and I don't want to waste a single second. Our time on this earth is so freaking finite. Tomorrow, I could get hit by a car walking on Wabash and die on impact. You never know. If that happens, I want people to know that I loved them and that they changed my life for the better. I've now seen and experienced the affects of death on people and I want to give them something to hold onto like I craved when you died.
I wish I could have told you that one more time but I'm going to try to stop saying things like that to you. Though it's true, it's not good for me. It makes me miss you too much.

Hey! You wanna hear something that you would absolutely roll your eyes at?! The song that resonates with me the most about losing you is a Taylor Swift song. HA. You would be freaking laying into me about that. It's called "I Wish You Would" and it's about a break up type scenario. We kind of broke up. It felt like it often. The chorus goes like this:
"I wish you would come back, wish I'd never hung up the phone like I did, I wish you knew that I'll never forget you as long as I live and I wish you were right here, right now, it's all good, I wish you would...I wish we could go back and remember what we were fighting for and I wish you knew that, I miss you too much to be mad anymore and I wish you were right here, right now, it's all good, I wish you would."
Isn't that just perfect?! It was the song I put on repeat when getting ready for your funeral. Before I put on my make up of course! I'm not a madman!

I'm really excited to come home over Spring Break, partly because I can come and see you in WARM WEATHER! I'm sorry, not you, your plaque and a pile of dirt. It's gonna be a weird day when it's not a little piece of paper with your name on it but a large piece of stone. I'm looking forward to some alone time with you again. Maybe I'll bring some Whiskey and we can have ourselves a little party. Ha.

Welp. I don't have anything else to say and I have class pretty early in the morning so I'm gonna conclude this blog by saying that I love you and miss you forever.

Sincerely,
Your #2


Thanks for listening. Come back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment